Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Screen saver stops showing photos and just displays message screen saver

I have a 2011 Macbook Air, running High Sierra 10.13.3, that I use to display photos.

The Ken Burns screen saver is set to use a folder, with sub folders of 1000's of pictures.

It's scheduled to come on at a certain time, and go off at a certain time.

This works well, looks good, but after a while it stops showing the photos and begins to show the default 'message' screen saver, just showing text.

I used to have an old Mac mini that did run just with the photos without an issue.

Anyone have any idea why it does this doesn't just stay with the pics? It can't be that it runs out of pics, but maybe there is some caching going on and that fills up so no more can be shown?

Thanks.

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: iainmac999

Question: Screen saver stops showing photos and just displays message screen saver