Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Aol server not allowing incoming email

I recently noticed that I wasn’t getting any email from my aol account. I deleted my email from all my Apple devices and I’ve tried several times it says that I am not using the correct server or my username is incorrect. I’ve tried to put the email back on my iPhone but to no avail. Does anybody have a solution.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 3:04 PM in response to Bella2 In response to Bella2

Bella2 wrote:

I recently noticed that I wasn’t getting any email from my aol account. I deleted my email from all my Apple devices and I’ve tried several times it says that I am not using the correct server or my username is incorrect. I’ve tried to put the email back on my iPhone but to no avail. Does anybody have a solution.

http://www.iosappweekly.com/add-aol-mail-account-ipad-manually/

Mar 12, 2018 3:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 27, 2018 6:20 AM in response to razmee209 In response to razmee209

There is a work around.

Delete your AOL account across all your devices.

Use Safari or Firefox and sign in to AOL and change your password.

Do a hard reset on your iPhone/iPad. If your Mac also has an issue, I only had to reboot mine.

Re Add your email account across all devices with the new password.

This solved my issue on an iPhone X, iPad Mini 4 and a MacPro, which was in its 4th day of being unable to send/reply to email. I have had no further issues after doing the above.

AOL is aware of the problem (as is Apple). Aol is saying it is a result of the "merger" of Verizon/AOL/Yahoo and has no idea when it will be officially "fixed."

Mar 27, 2018 6:20 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Bella2

Question: Aol server not allowing incoming email