Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app goes glacial after email activity

Sometimes I send out several emails in succession, like several an hour. Twice in the past week while typing the next email, my keystrokes are hardly registered. The letters appear at the glacial pace of 1 per second, or so. This happened on a newer iMac with 8gB of core memory and also on a 2013 Macbook Pro also with GB memory.

Both of these link to gmail accounts using G-suite.

I was not accessing mail from another open computer. My phone was in touch with my email server and receiving emails.

A look at the "Force quit applications" window says Mail is responding. I saw nothing amiss in Activity Monitor.

My internet connection here is fast and the emails I was sending were modest in size.

I didn't look in Mail.app's "activity window" . All of Mail.app was very slow to respond. Is there anything I should look for in this window.?

What Mail operation is causing this slowdown?

When the slowdown occurred on my iMac, my MacBook was closed and sleeping. Could the macbook nevertheless be accessing my email. Can simultaneous access by two Mac's slow down Mail.app in this way?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4), null

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:02 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mail.app goes glacial after email activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.