Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not open

I have a new MacBook Pro. when I try to open iTunes I get an error message:

This version of iTunes has not been correctly configured.

I have tried to reinstall and am still getting the error.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:00 PM

Hello davehaleusa,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that when trying to launch iTunes you're receiving an error "This version of iTunes has not been correctly configured." I can see how this could be concerning, especially on a new MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

You mentioned you tried to reinstall. Did you try to reinstall iTunes or macOS? If you haven't already, I recommend backing up your content and reinstalling macOS using the steps in the links below:

How to back up your Mac

How to reinstall macOS

Let us know if the issue persists. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 4:00 PM in response to davehaleusa

Hello davehaleusa,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that when trying to launch iTunes you're receiving an error "This version of iTunes has not been correctly configured." I can see how this could be concerning, especially on a new MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

You mentioned you tried to reinstall. Did you try to reinstall iTunes or macOS? If you haven't already, I recommend backing up your content and reinstalling macOS using the steps in the links below:

How to back up your Mac

How to reinstall macOS

Let us know if the issue persists. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Cheers!

iTunes will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.