Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 not receiving certain texts

Today my iPhone 7 was receiving some texts, but not all... It appears that the messages i sent went through, but the replies for some texts were not received on my end. This persisted through the day, and is still ongoing for just some of the people in my contact list. I did receive some single user texts, and some group texts throughout the day. I checked my block list, and there is no one on it. I shut down the phone, and rebooted, no dice. I checked to see if i could update, but my phone is up to date. I was wondering if maybe it was a carrier to carrier issue, but there are were a couple of group texts that my wife was on (we're on the same account), and she received the message, but i did not, which seems to knock out the carrier to carrier possiblility.

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this? It is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6, AT&T carrier

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:40 PM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2018 12:22 PM in response to 207lance

Hello Lance,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble receiving some messages, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. It focuses on not being able to send or receive at all, but the steps may help with your issue as well.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

iPhone 7 not receiving certain texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.