Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to iMessage

User uploaded file

Hi. I have a Macbook air 2017 and it's only a year old. I used to use iMessage all the time on it and it worked with no issues. One day, maybe a few months ago, iMessage stopped sending my messages. I couldn't send one, it would just say " [number] is not registered with iMessage," which was odd because they were, and had always been. I logged out and when I tried to sign back in, this message came up. I'm putting in the correct password and ID, but this happens every single time and it's bugging me out.

I've tried multiple different things to fix this and they haven't worked.

I really want to use iMessage again! Can somebody please help?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:50 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2018 4:30 PM in response to spooksyy

Messages – Can’t log in

Messages – Can’t log in 2

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Can't sign in to iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.