Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i load pictures and music a PC to IMac

I am new to MAC, and have always used a pc. So i have a seagate external hard drive and wanted to bring all my music and photo's from pc to my IMac and save there, so I can get rid of the pc. i have a lot of music and pictures on my iTunes Account, but i have a ton more i'd like to save onto my IMac. Can anyone tell me in simple terms? I'm no computer genius and don't know much about IMac and don't want to be frustrated. Thanks.

iMac, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 6:09 PM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2018 9:53 PM in response to limodriver30

If the external drive that you have contains the music and the pictures that you wish to move on it, then all you have to do is connect the drive to the Mac and it will read the information that is on it. Then you can take the files that are on it, and drag and drop it where you want on your Mac and it will copy the information over.

If the drive hasn't been used to get the information from your PC yet, then you'll have to take the extra step of connecting the drive to the PC, and open the contents of the drive and the PC, and copy the files that you want to put on your Mac to the drive first, and then after getting them on the drive, connect it to your Mac and follow the steps above. If you need more information, please let us know so we can be able to assist you further with additional information.

how do i load pictures and music a PC to IMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.