Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY are my Apps not updating since February 2018?

I just got a new ipad pro last December. This Feb, software update was required, which I did, and it is now running on iOS 11.2.6. Since then, my apps have not been updating even if the AppStore has flagged available updates. How do I fix this?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 6:05 PM

I would first, reset your MODEM/router by unplugging it for 10-15 seconds and then re-plug in and let the MODEM/router recycle through its settings.

Then, try another hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

See if this changes anything.

Good Luck to You!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 6:05 PM in response to teachermotie

I would first, reset your MODEM/router by unplugging it for 10-15 seconds and then re-plug in and let the MODEM/router recycle through its settings.

Then, try another hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

See if this changes anything.

Good Luck to You!

Mar 13, 2018 2:18 AM in response to copberry

No, I did not enable Automatic updates. I usually read through the information on the updates before I updating an application, so I do that manually. Also, I usually update one or two apps at a time only. However, this week, I tried clicking on the ‘Update all’ button, but it still didn’t work. And yes, the download starts and then just stops and reverts to an ‘Update’ status.

Mar 13, 2018 7:48 PM in response to teachermotie

FYI,

A hard reset of ANY iDevice DOES NOT do anything to ANY of your data.

A hard reset ONLY affects low level code in iOS and will fix any other low level software anomalies.

This DOES NOTHING to any settings or data stored on an iDevice.

A hard reset is totally different from a more complicated Erase and Restore procedure found in the Settings app, General, Reset, which WILL erase ALL of your data.

Mar 13, 2018 7:38 PM in response to teachermotie

Next time your iPad glitches with any issue, a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons, WILL, most times, fix the temporary software glitch/issue.

Also, sometimes, a hard reset will restore some free data storage space back to your iDevice.

WHY are my Apps not updating since February 2018?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.