Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deposit money into my apple account

How do I Post money to my apple account

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 5:23 PM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2018 9:28 PM in response to Vegasmisty

Which "Apple account"? App Store? iTunes? Apple Music? iCloud?

You could buy an App Store & iTunes Gift Card somewhere and deposit it into your iTunes account.

"App Store & iTunes Gift Cards are solely for the purchase of goods and services on the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, iBooks Store, and App Store."

There are separate gift cards for the Apple Store ("Apple hardware and accessories at any Apple Store, at Apple.com, or by calling 1‑800‑MY‑APPLE") and for Apple Music.

(above info from https://www.apple.com/shop/gift-cards)

(more info, including use of App Store & iTunes Gift Card to fund iCloud use, at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204199)

Apr 21, 2018 9:44 PM in response to markwmsn

It was for the ITunes/games side.I thought I was able to deposit from my bank direct into my Apple account Without have to go get a gift card from a store.

I have a gift card my son gave me but it can’t be used for the ITunes/games. It’s for Apple products which for this old lady are too over priced. I’ve asked support months ago through an email if I could convert that card over to their ITunes/games side and never got an answer back. That’s money wasted if I can’t.

Apr 21, 2018 10:04 PM in response to Vegasmisty

You don't have to go to a store. You can buy an iTunes gift card online (e.g., from Amazon or PayPal Digital Gifts), usually at face value, for delivery by email.

The iTunes application on a Mac will allow you to add money to the iTunes/games/iCloud account (which it calls "Apple ID account") from the credit card or bank account associated with the AppleID. If that capability exists in iOS, I have not found it.

There are third-party sites that help people get some cash for gift cards they cannot use (not face value, but some value). I would be amazed if some of them don't deal in Apple Store gift cards. (Disclaimer: I have no idea how Apple feels about that. If they disallow it, my apologies in advance.)

Deposit money into my apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.