Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my MacBook Pro is stuck in white screen and will not reboot

I was able to get to utility screen to run a first aid check of Drive. All ok but still unable to open .

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi,

Beware of any links that advise you to install CleanMyMac.

Try Kappy's advice here. MACBOOK Pro 2017 won't start

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 19, 2018 8:04 AM in response to evp58 In response to evp58

Have you tried Internet Recovery? This may work if there is something wrong with the Recovery disk on your Mac. Hold down Command plus Option plus R when starting up. You will need a good internet connection and will get a spinning globe at first and it may take a while to load the Utility window.

Can you give more details about your Mac, such as how old it is and what kind of drive, SSD or rotating, etc.? It could be that your hard drive is failing.

It may be best to take it in to an Apple Store to have it checked. Contact - Official Apple Support

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 15, 2018 11:56 AM in response to evp58 In response to evp58

Thank you for the tips but none of them worked! No matter which mode I try to reboot, I can never get to the sign-in screen. I get stuck at white screen with Apple logo and the load bar all complete.

Mar 15, 2018 11:56 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Mar 19, 2018 8:04 AM in response to evp58 In response to evp58

Have you tried Internet Recovery? This may work if there is something wrong with the Recovery disk on your Mac. Hold down Command plus Option plus R when starting up. You will need a good internet connection and will get a spinning globe at first and it may take a while to load the Utility window.

Can you give more details about your Mac, such as how old it is and what kind of drive, SSD or rotating, etc.? It could be that your hard drive is failing.

It may be best to take it in to an Apple Store to have it checked. Contact - Official Apple Support

Mar 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 15, 2018 6:30 PM in response to evp58 In response to evp58

evp58 wrote:

Thank you for the tips but none of them worked! No matter which mode I try to reboot, I can never get to the sign-in screen. I get stuck at white screen with Apple logo and the load bar all complete.

Really - the most likely reason for that is a corrupted boot volume. Some corrupted volumes still pass First Aid or it says it's repaired but the problems remain.

What model do you have? That might matter in terms of data recovery and how easy it would be to start over again. If it's one that uses a SATA drive then I'd just recommend getting a new drive and starting over from scratch. Then worry about recovering data from the old drive later.

If it's one of the newer ones with a proprietary or built-in SSD, then that get a lot harder.

Mar 15, 2018 6:30 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 28, 2018 10:47 AM in response to evp58 In response to evp58

After trying all on line suggestions and speaking with Apple Tech Support I made appointment with Genius Bar. It turned out my issue was a defective flex cable to the hard drive, a known defect for this model! The repair was made quickly with no charge to me!

Mar 28, 2018 10:47 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 28, 2018 3:34 PM in response to evp58 In response to evp58

Congratulations!

It turned out my issue was a defective flex cable to the hard drive, a known defect for this model!

Can you tell us tell us exactly which model that is, for future reference if someone else comes up with a similar problem?

Regards.

Mar 28, 2018 3:34 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: evp58

Question: my MacBook Pro is stuck in white screen and will not reboot