Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my MacBook Pro is stuck in white screen and will not reboot

I was able to get to utility screen to run a first aid check of Drive. All ok but still unable to open .

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Have you tried Internet Recovery? This may work if there is something wrong with the Recovery disk on your Mac. Hold down Command plus Option plus R when starting up. You will need a good internet connection and will get a spinning globe at first and it may take a while to load the Utility window.

Can you give more details about your Mac, such as how old it is and what kind of drive, SSD or rotating, etc.? It could be that your hard drive is failing.

It may be best to take it in to an Apple Store to have it checked. Contact - Official Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2018 8:04 AM in response to evp58

Have you tried Internet Recovery? This may work if there is something wrong with the Recovery disk on your Mac. Hold down Command plus Option plus R when starting up. You will need a good internet connection and will get a spinning globe at first and it may take a while to load the Utility window.

Can you give more details about your Mac, such as how old it is and what kind of drive, SSD or rotating, etc.? It could be that your hard drive is failing.

It may be best to take it in to an Apple Store to have it checked. Contact - Official Apple Support

Mar 15, 2018 6:30 PM in response to evp58

evp58 wrote:

Thank you for the tips but none of them worked! No matter which mode I try to reboot, I can never get to the sign-in screen. I get stuck at white screen with Apple logo and the load bar all complete.

Really - the most likely reason for that is a corrupted boot volume. Some corrupted volumes still pass First Aid or it says it's repaired but the problems remain.

What model do you have? That might matter in terms of data recovery and how easy it would be to start over again. If it's one that uses a SATA drive then I'd just recommend getting a new drive and starting over from scratch. Then worry about recovering data from the old drive later.

If it's one of the newer ones with a proprietary or built-in SSD, then that get a lot harder.

my MacBook Pro is stuck in white screen and will not reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.