Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: After update to 10.13.3, the keyboard fails to operate on OS login

I recently upgraded the software on my iMac to macOS High Sierra v10.13.3 and unfortunately, on the login screen after coming out of sleep mode the password field is not responsive on the wireless keyboard. A few mouse clicks are recorded then stops erraticlly. At first I thought it was the batteries and so I replaced them and it worked. But now it is happening again the following day and the only way to stop it is to disconnect the keyboard and reconnect. I never had any issues with this prior to the software update! The only workaround is to reboot the computer. Greg H.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Hey! Thanks for reaching out.

The link below might help.

macOS Sierra: If keys on your keyboard don’t work

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 7:43 PM in response to ghend In response to ghend

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. You may need to do this 2-3 times.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Try a SMC reset. The article covers when this is required, but doing this will not affect anything.

Reset SMC

Mar 12, 2018 7:43 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ghend

Question: After update to 10.13.3, the keyboard fails to operate on OS login