Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email account compromised - Apple keeps locking my account

I recently started getting multiple emails a day saying "Sign-in attempt was blocked for your linked account" . These are obviously fraudulent and I don't respond to them, but the problem is that Apple keeps locking icloud account and I have to unlock it and change my password every other day or so. Can't Apple just ignore these fraudulent attempts to sign into my account without locking it? Do I have to change my Apple ID to avoid these attempts?

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 6:22 PM

Hi,

Do not rush to change your Apple ID. Talk to Apple first. Apple ID - Official Apple Support

Also, you can create filters for junk mail in Mail Preferences / Junk mail. Tick the box for Perform custom actions, and then Advanced and set your filters.

9 replies

Mar 12, 2018 6:15 PM in response to 2000CAD

Not really. An address can be targeted by hackers anytime. So we're just supposed to keep changing addresses every time a hacker targets us? That's like moving to a different house every time there's a robbery. I have excellent password security: 24 random characters that I change at least once per year. I've never actually had an account hacked, and it hasn't been hacked this time, either. If it was just the fraudulent emails, I could ignore them, but Apple's ham-fisted action of locking my account just because someone is trying to hack into it is ridiculous. Do websites change their URL whenever a hacker tries to break into it? No - they filter for fraudulent IP addresses, etc. Apple should provide the same service instead of their current approach which only inconveniences its users.

email account compromised - Apple keeps locking my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.