Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus unable to use earbuds

Recently my earbuds stopped playing music when connected to my phone and just played through the speaker at first I thought it was my earbuds but then I tested it with multiple other earbuds I’ve tried updating my phone restarting it and messing around with airplay and nothing seems to work for some reason it’s just the earbuds because I can still charge my phone at a normal rate

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:09 PM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2018 12:38 PM in response to mojo770

Greetings mojo770,

Thanks for your post. It sounds like when you use your headphones, music plays out of the speakers on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be able to use your headphones. I’ll be happy to help.

Since you have already tried multiple headphones you will want to contact Apple Support, or have the device inspected at an Apple Authorized Service Provider or an Apple Retail Store.

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your headphones aren't detected

If you plug in your headphones, but sound plays from your device's speakers, try plugging in a different pair of headphones. If the same thing happens, get your device inspected at an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support.

Take care!

iPhone 7 Plus unable to use earbuds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.