Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I just tried to erase my MacBook Air back to the factory settings, and now when I turn it on the screen just turns all white/grey and has a file folder in the middle of the screen and below it says “-100F

Why is it doing this and how can I get back onto my computer to reboot it. I want to have the computer be wiped clean as if I just bought it from brand new. I’m doing this to sell it to someone and don’t want any of my stuff on it anymore. To restore it today, I restarted the computer and held down “control R” until it brought me to the restore/hard drive menu and I erased all the files. Now I can’t get it to do anything at all

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Your best bet is to see if you can borrow another Mac and make a USB to reinstall macOS from.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 7:11 PM in response to BMills08 In response to BMills08

I’m sorry, it actually reads “-1006F” on the white screen and above that now it has a world with a triangle and a exclamation mark inside of it. I don’t know what to do!!

Mar 12, 2018 7:11 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: BMills08

Question: I just tried to erase my MacBook Air back to the factory settings, and now when I turn it on the screen just turns all white/grey and has a file folder in the middle of the screen and below it says “-100F