Question: ios 11 personal hotspot
iPhone 6s and iPad Air2 Wifi.
Before iOS 11 ….
- With Personal Hotspot turned OFF on my iPhone
- My iPad could see my iPhone in WiFi Settings under "Personal Hotspots"
- By selecting my iPhone it would
- Activate the Personal Hotspot on my iPhone
- (no need to manually get my iPhone out and start it)
- Connect to the personal hotspot to give me internet access.
- Deactivate personal hotspot on my iPhone when I close the lid on my iPad.
After iOS 11 (including 11.2.6)
- My iPad doesn't see my iPhone
- Unless I manually turn on Personal Hotspot
- Then it connects OK.
This is a hassle because:
- To use the internet on my iPad
- I have to first take the iPhone out.
- Press, press, press …
- And turn Personal Hotspot on
- Then, when I've finished on the iPad
- (Remember to) Get the iPhone out again
- Press, press, press…
- To turn Personal Hotspot off again.
- (No, I don’t believe in leaving Personal Hotspot on permanently.)
Am I missing something or has functionality been removed in iOS 11?
Tried resetting networking on both devices. What a pain that was, and didn’t bring this really helpful functionality back.