Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac cannot find my apple keyboard and mouse

Hi

I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro Retina running the very latest version of mac os high sierra 10.13.3

I have two problems.

1) My mac does not see the wireless keyboard at all yet all my other apple products, phone 6s+ and iPad see it and connect with it easily. My keyboard serial no is DG*****YAR and the switch on button is at the opposite end of the screw cap. Batteries are brand new and charged as is evidenced by the fact it can be seen and connected to other apple devices.

2) My magic mouse 1 is not visible by any of my apple products mentioned above and its serial number is CC*****FGAM

Things I have tried are

a) I have tried the SMC and NVRAM reboots

b) deleted and cleaned out the com.apple bluetooth plist (apologies if I called it the wrong file type)

c) switched on and off and held down the keyboard on key so that it blinks twice while shutting down and restarting the mac, and had the mouse blinking twice while doing the same etc.

I believe I have covered most help articles listed here so please forgive if I have missed one which helps fix this problem.

Other things to know which may or may not make a difference are the keyboard and the mouse have both been paired in the past with this laptop since purchase in late 2012 through the various software such as mavericks lion etc.

They both stopped connecting to the mac about about 2/3 years ago.

If I switch on my windows 10 desktop it can find connect and unpair with both products easily.

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 6:47 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 6:19 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi Barry

Thanks for your input.

I already know that they can only be connected to one device at at time. The reason I posted that information was to show that clearly the devices are visible to other bluetooth enabled devices so the fault is not likely to be in the devices themselves.

I also mentioned that I have reset the SMC and the NVRAM, but did fail to mention that I have done that at least twenty times, all to no avail.

my mac cannot find my apple keyboard and mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.