Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I attach a screenshot of a suspect phishing email

I recently received an email purportedly sent by APPLE SUPPORT, and as this email was received soon after the purchase outright from Apple Chatswood

an iPhone X 256gb.

I wish to first confirm that it is a bogus phishing effort, and secondly, provide the screenshot samples, to assist in id’ing any other potential receivers the risk potential.

regards

Terence

Terry

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 7:04 PM

Make sure you cover any personal information using Preview. Post the screen shot in a Reply using the camera icon or you can drag the screen shot into a reply. Copy and paste doesn't work.

Screen shots

6 replies

Mar 12, 2018 11:49 PM in response to tmno2

Does the email address you by name, is it written in proper grammatical language without spelling mistakes ? To check an email :

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a phishing email you can forward it to Apple at reportphishing@apple.com

(You can post an image on here via the camera icon on the post/reply box, but the above links should be sufficient for people to check an email, if you do first remove any personal details and links from it).

Mar 22, 2018 7:23 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

and the others who sprang to my assistance,

Sorry for the delayed reply but I had been carted off to Hospital for six days, pretty well immediately after the original request.

At this stage I’m still trying to figure out how to achieve the required redacting prior to providing the screen shots to the community, as to me they looked pretty authentic, except for when I tapped the From field and the reply to field, to prove the ID‘s as claimed, were trustworthy.

Of course, neither proved to be so, and that’s when I took deleted the emails, requiring me to go to the BIN to take the screen shots before full deletion.

These will be provided when the redactions have been effected.

thanks

How do I attach a screenshot of a suspect phishing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.