Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyframe Path

Please see this video: https://youtu.be/OLPe5fV1DjY

First transform works fine and the image zooms in straight.

Did the same method for the Second transform and it bounces.

Bug, or did I miss something?

Thanks!

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:11 PM

I think I completely misunderstood what you've talking about. The first video shows the zoom bouncing back to the original position at the end. I thought that's what you were talking about.

What's not working in this video? At the very end of the video I see it zoom in to the image. Are you talking about the snake curve? That's been in FCP since 1999. Scale is a logarithmic motion, position is linear. The two have different behaviors and are calculated differently, and they will never match exactly to make a straight motion in FCP. You can use the bezier handles to smooth this out a little but it will always be there the way the two are calculated. To do a smooth motion, without easing, you can animate the crop/crop function. Use the default fit spatial conform.

Similar questions

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 9:11 PM in response to tmlim

I think I completely misunderstood what you've talking about. The first video shows the zoom bouncing back to the original position at the end. I thought that's what you were talking about.

What's not working in this video? At the very end of the video I see it zoom in to the image. Are you talking about the snake curve? That's been in FCP since 1999. Scale is a logarithmic motion, position is linear. The two have different behaviors and are calculated differently, and they will never match exactly to make a straight motion in FCP. You can use the bezier handles to smooth this out a little but it will always be there the way the two are calculated. To do a smooth motion, without easing, you can animate the crop/crop function. Use the default fit spatial conform.

Mar 13, 2018 5:26 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

1. Insert Image into timeline.
  2. Set Spatial Confirm to None
  3. Start of Clip, set Keyframe for Scale at 48%
  4. End of Clip, set Keyframe for Scale at 100%
  5. Start of Clip, set Keyframe for Position X:0, Y:-180
  6. End of Clip, set Keyframe for Position X:-1056.5, Y:-955.0

I think that's it. The coordinates for position differ from the first clip, but that's it and it works correctly in the first clip.

Mar 13, 2018 6:04 PM in response to tmlim

It don't understand what's being shown in the viewer. The image doesn't change nor the timecode regardless of whether you're at the beginning or the end. I don't see either first frame/last frame or end of project overlays. Are you setting keyframes on the last frame of the clip or outside the clip? Can't tell from the viewer.

Keyframe Path

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.