Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a ghost image of previous app

I have an air pad 2. I’m having a problem with a previous app that was open and closed showing up on the next app I opened. I was reading a book in iBook and closed it. I then opened a game app and ther was a ghost of the book I was reading. i can close a game app and you can see a shadow of the game app? is this serious?

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Hello tonifromgering,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding the images from previously used apps appear in apps you're currently using on your iPad Air. I can surely see how this could be a bit concerning. I've got some steps that can help resolve this issue.

If you haven't already, I recommend restarting your iPad. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes to address possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the following link to reinstall iOS with iTunes
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Let us know if the behavior continues. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a fantastic day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 2:57 PM in response to tonifromgering

Hello tonifromgering,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding the images from previously used apps appear in apps you're currently using on your iPad Air. I can surely see how this could be a bit concerning. I've got some steps that can help resolve this issue.

If you haven't already, I recommend restarting your iPad. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes to address possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the following link to reinstall iOS with iTunes
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Let us know if the behavior continues. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a fantastic day!

There is a ghost image of previous app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.