Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps playing the same handful of songs

I have a playlist consisting of 200 or so songs. I always put it on shuffle. Instead of shuffling through the entire 200 songs it plays the same 30 or so songs over and over. To the point where it says this song has played 10 times but this other song has only been played once. Is it possible to fix this or do I just have to keep deleting the songs from the playlist once I get sick of listening to them?

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 6:32 AM

First of all, check to see whether the non-playing songs are set as Skip when shuffling

You do this in your iTunes Library (where the songs are listed). Select a song and click on Edit/Song Info (or possibly Edit/Get Info), and switch to the Options tab. On the Options tab, look for Skip when shuffling and make sure it is not ticked....

User uploaded file

... and then Sync your device to iTunes for the change to take effect on the device.

If this is not the problem, you could create a Smart Playlist which automatically removes played songs from the Playlist once played and doesn't put them back for a set period of time

If you need assistance in creating a suitable Smart Playlist, let me know and I can make a suggestion.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 6:32 AM in response to sam0208

First of all, check to see whether the non-playing songs are set as Skip when shuffling

You do this in your iTunes Library (where the songs are listed). Select a song and click on Edit/Song Info (or possibly Edit/Get Info), and switch to the Options tab. On the Options tab, look for Skip when shuffling and make sure it is not ticked....

User uploaded file

... and then Sync your device to iTunes for the change to take effect on the device.

If this is not the problem, you could create a Smart Playlist which automatically removes played songs from the Playlist once played and doesn't put them back for a set period of time

If you need assistance in creating a suitable Smart Playlist, let me know and I can make a suggestion.

iTunes keeps playing the same handful of songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.