Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 plus problems with the screen and flash

I got the iPhone 8 plus (iOS11.2.6) three weeks ago, and found a damaged pixel, and still on the street at the temperature of the surrounding +5 degrees, the flash does not work.

What to do about it?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:00 AM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2018 1:07 PM in response to TheYurii

Hello TheYurii,

I understand your iPhone is experiencing multiples issues such as a pixel anomaly, and the camera flash not working. Please see the information below for assistance with these issues.

User uploaded file

Your flash isn't working

Use Control Center to test the LED flash. Turn the flashlight off and on. If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support.

If the flash isn’t working, or it goes off every time you take a photo, check your flash settings. Tap User uploaded file in the upper left of the screen to choose a different setting.

If you take extended video with the flash on, or you’re using the device in a very warm environment, you might see a message that says the flash is disabled. The message remains until your device cools down.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later

Take care.

Mar 13, 2018 11:40 PM in response to Joseph_S.

When the flashlight is turned on, the flash works, and also works when the photo and video are used in a warm room.

I suggest you do an experiment if you have a smartphone of this model: put it for 5 minutes in the refrigerator and try to make a photo with the flash turned on.

Even Apple Authorized Service Provider and Apple Retail Store recognize this problem but can do nothing.

A LCD display I'll try to give a diagnosis, let's see what they say.

iPhone 8 plus problems with the screen and flash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.