Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual sim

I have an IPhone 5s with Tmobile USA and an iPhone 8 with EE UK. The IPhone 8 is unlocked. The 5s is used very infrequently, however calls do come and unexpectedly so I always carry both phones. The 5s is dying has to be charged daily.

Rather than buying a new phone to replace the 5s I’m considering a Dual Sim adapter from Simone.com an outfit based in Switzerland

Has anybody used one of these adaptors with an iPhone? And was it successfu?

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 7:33 AM

Officially, any multiple SIM adapter is not supported by Apple for use in their devices. I also note from the Simone.com web site that only one number is actually active at one time. You cannot have two numbers active simultaneously, so you’d still have to pick each number when you wish to use it (Although you can use their app to have it automatically switch numbers at some interval).

I have no idea how visual voice mail would work with such a device. So you may then have to manually dial in and check voice mail on the number you’ve not currently set as active to check for missed calls.

The only way to actually have two numbers active simultaneously is to buy a cell phone specifically designed that way, and there are relatively few such devices to pick from. An iPhone’s modem cannot support dual simultaneously network connections.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 7:33 AM in response to geefromramona

Officially, any multiple SIM adapter is not supported by Apple for use in their devices. I also note from the Simone.com web site that only one number is actually active at one time. You cannot have two numbers active simultaneously, so you’d still have to pick each number when you wish to use it (Although you can use their app to have it automatically switch numbers at some interval).

I have no idea how visual voice mail would work with such a device. So you may then have to manually dial in and check voice mail on the number you’ve not currently set as active to check for missed calls.

The only way to actually have two numbers active simultaneously is to buy a cell phone specifically designed that way, and there are relatively few such devices to pick from. An iPhone’s modem cannot support dual simultaneously network connections.

Dual sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.