Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air gets stuck after login

As the title suggests, my macbook gets stuck after login. Before this happened the first time it worked just fine. But now, when I want to login, it gets stuck everytime after the login bar fills 100%. I already did some research and found some possible solutions. I tried some of them.

I tried resetting the P-RAM.

I tried starting the macbook in Safe Mode

I tried holding down the shift key after entering the password, in case one of the login items is corrupted.

The last one actually worked yesterday once. I got back to the Desktop and the macbook worked fine without any issues. So I secured all important files. And today, I wanted to start the macbook again and the issue appears again. Now holding down the shift key after entering the password doesn´t work. I am pretty clueless now.

I also started the macbook in verbose mode. And after some while, all the macbook does is this:

ScanManager::startScan: Broadcast scan request received for ´airportd´ (pid 73)

ScanManager::startScan: Initiating scan

ScanManager::getScanResult: All scan results returned for ´airportd´ (pid 73)

And that over and over. Sometimes it stops for a few seconds before it starts firing it again. As far as I understand it, it´s the macbook searching for a wireless connection. But should that be spammed like that and can that be the reason why my macbook gets stuck after login?

I also found one possible solution, which requires the command line tool ( Command +S), where you type the following into the command line:

mount -uw /

sync

reboot

Can I do this, without having to fear that I break something? Because I don´t knwo what the -uw is.

I am thankful for any suggestions on how to fix this problem and will be happily answering any questions. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:26 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook Air gets stuck after login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.