Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet connection

My macbook pro says it is connected to the wifi but I can' get onto the Internet

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:15 PM

Better go to Specsavers! 👿😁

She actually said "The broadband supplier is daisy. It is a company like BT."

A lot of folk think they are connected to the Internet because they can see the WiFi 'eyebrows' in the top right-hand corner of their screen. That symbol indicates that they are connected to their router, which may (or may not) be connected to the Internet.

My advice to Laura is to reset her router and see if that helps.

D.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 1:15 PM in response to seventy one

Better go to Specsavers! 👿😁

She actually said "The broadband supplier is daisy. It is a company like BT."

A lot of folk think they are connected to the Internet because they can see the WiFi 'eyebrows' in the top right-hand corner of their screen. That symbol indicates that they are connected to their router, which may (or may not) be connected to the Internet.

My advice to Laura is to reset her router and see if that helps.

D.

Mar 13, 2018 5:56 AM in response to laurafrommaldon

This is an Italian company ... but your profile suggests you come from Malden, England. Is that the case. If so this Italin company is of no use to you. You must find a broadband supplier in the country that you live. Do you have Satellite TV If so, which one?

Until the provider is sorted neither Safari or Chrome (I don't recommend Chrome) can function.

Mar 13, 2018 9:50 AM in response to seventy one

I think you are mistaken about this, 'seventy one'! 😢

"Formed in 2001, we have grown into the UK’s largest independent provider, with 600,000 customers, 2,000 partners, c4,000 employees, and 35+ locations nationwide."

Reference: https://daisygroup.com/about-us/

I'd like to know how 'Laura' can post here on this site if she cannot connect to the Internet! 😉
D.

Mar 13, 2018 1:15 PM in response to HunterBD

well, I've been conducting all this on my phone which is very laborious as I have to log in afresh each time. Thank you both for your help. I've been out for a few hours and then remembered the time honoured way to sort things so I have turned off both routers and put them on again and hey presto! It is working..... I thought it was a computer problem but obviously a router one.... thank you again for your interest and help.

Mar 23, 2018 4:43 AM in response to laurafrommaldon

Well, first pleased to see you did find a resolution to the problem. My next step was to get you to talk to your broadband provider who should have been conversant with the router.

Chrome. This is a personal opinion though I have seen other broadcast similar views, Chrome is Google and some people are concerned with the link. Chrome also goes to great lengths to offer enormous amounts of tempting add-ons and extentions but I'm not so sure they are particularly well researrched. I tested it out a while ago and found myself landed with the dreaded MacKeeper program. And I have read of others since.

Safari and Firefox are both good browsers and a further one might be Waterfox a watered down version of Firefox- (excuse the pun).

Happy to have helped, anyway.

Mar 23, 2018 1:31 AM in response to seventy one

@Seventy one

As she explained, Laura was using her 'phone to post here, so we were both mistaken! 😉

If I annoyed you by 'pulling your leg' - I should like to apologise.

I've noticed how much help and advice you give to other folk and I respect that commitment. You have helped me too and for that I thank you.

I didn't come here simply to cause trouble and I am genuinely sorry if my comments offended you. They were meant to be in fun.

Sincerely

D.

Mar 23, 2018 5:25 AM in response to laurafrommaldon

I appreciate you responding, Laura - thank you! 🙂

I sometimes wonder if there is a bit of a 'power struggle' which goes on here but life's too short to make a big thing out of on-line comments. I find that most British folk have a much heightened sense of humour compared to our North American cousins across the pond! 😉

I was so pleased that you got back on-line so quickly.

D.

Internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.