Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect iPhone SE to MacBook Air via cable and watch media content?

Hi

Can I connect my iPhone SE to my MacBook Air via a cable in order to watch content I've downloaded (eg from Netflix/Amazon) onto my iPhone? I'm going away to an area that has no wifi and I'd like to be able to take a batch of downloaded content with me and watch it on my Mac but believe it's not possible to download content from Netflix and Amazon video onto the Mac hard drive.

Alternatively is there a way to download the content onto an external storage device and connect that to the Mac for playback?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:33 AM

6 replies

Mar 13, 2018 5:36 AM in response to Rudegar

I don't want to watch movies on my iPhone. I ultimately want to watch the film/tv programme on my MacBook.

However the issue is that Netflix etc don't let you download the content to MacBook like they do to iPhone/Ipad etc. So what I was hoping to find a solution for was if I download material to my iPhone from Netflix and then somehow connect the iPhone to the MacBook to watch the content from the phone on the MacBook. I'd normally just stream this via Apple TV but the problem is the holiday destination I'm going to will not have wifi so I think therefore I need some other solution.

Thanks

Mark

Can I connect iPhone SE to MacBook Air via cable and watch media content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.