Ok, which app are you trying to use Handoff?
Example: Apps that work with Handoff include Mail, Maps, Safari, Reminders, Calendar, Contacts, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and numerous third-party apps.
Which one did you use?
Check list here:
Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch that meets the Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:
- Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
To see the Apple ID used by Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to General > Apple ID.
- Each device has Bluetooth turned on.
- Each Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has Wi-Fi turned on.
- Each device has Handoff turned on:
- On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
- On Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap General and turn on Enable Handoff.
Apple Watch supports handing off from watch to iPhone only.
Go through this tips again carefully: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support