Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover vanished notes from iCloud?

In my effort to transfer all my notes from my old macbook to my new one, I copied and moved all my "On My Mac" notes to "iCloud" in the left panel of the app. Now I could see both my all my notes under the iCloud folder.

I signed into my iCloud account on Notes on my new Macbook, but it showed me only the notes that were originally in my iCloud but not the ones that I had moved.

Thinking my iCloud would automatically sync the data, I signed out from my iCloud on notes on my old Mac and now all my recently moved notes are gone. (It did say the data not backed up would go to my iCloud Drive on my computer but I don't see them there!)

Since then, I've signed into my iCloud drive on chrome (my recently moved notes aren't there). I've signed into my new Mac with my iCloud account but I only see my old notes there.

I also tried to retrieve my old notes by accessing files at ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.notes/Data/Library/Notes/ and changing them to html. (Read about it here: https://www.easeus.com/mac-file-recovery/recover-deleted-notes-mac.html) The html file still shows my iCloud notes and not the ones I moved!

Anyone know what I can do? There was a lot of important stuff in there that I don't want to lose!

MacBook Air, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 6:52 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

How to recover vanished notes from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.