Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable the Push IMAP (IDLE) email in macOS Sierra

I'm wondering if anybody has found a workaround to the question of how can you disable the Push IMAP (IDLE) email in Macmail for OSX High Sierra?

My WP website crashed because IMAP in Macmail runs too many processes and eats up my usable server space.

I have a short term workaround by turning off MacMail on my computer and turning off ALL my devices at the same time. That will clean up my usage for about 24 hours before I go back into the red zone of disc usage.

Before OSX Sierra, you could just disable the Push IMAP setting. That isn't available anymore.

Any thoughts?

Glenn

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), MacMail v.11.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 8:42 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 24, 2018 3:13 AM in response to fporter

I agree with you,fporter. It's annoying.

I spoke with a high level Tech Advisor in Apple Care. We tried several workarounds. He took it to the highest technicians. The answer was this: They have no intention of making adjustments to the system to accommodate this situation. Their point of view was that I wasn't a "business" account. Seems odd with all the Internet businesses run by individual people that are popping up.

The solution is to shop for another email client. What a shame, right?

Disable the Push IMAP (IDLE) email in macOS Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.