Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving text message to contacts

How do I save a text message contact to my contact book using an iPhone 8 plus, ios 11.2.6?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 2:36 PM

Washoe Jim,

With both of the iPhones on the same version of iOS, the same steps should work the same on both iPhones. That it doesn't on the iPhone 8 plus tells me that there is something wrong with the iOS installed on the phone. I would recommend restoring the iPhone to factory settings. The following support article will take you through the necessary steps for the process. I would also draw your particular attention to the section "Get your device ready", especially on making a backup, this will prevent data loss.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Regards.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 2:36 PM in response to Washoe Jim

Washoe Jim,

With both of the iPhones on the same version of iOS, the same steps should work the same on both iPhones. That it doesn't on the iPhone 8 plus tells me that there is something wrong with the iOS installed on the phone. I would recommend restoring the iPhone to factory settings. The following support article will take you through the necessary steps for the process. I would also draw your particular attention to the section "Get your device ready", especially on making a backup, this will prevent data loss.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Regards.

Mar 14, 2018 8:42 AM in response to Washoe Jim

Hello Washoe Jim,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you want to add someone from your Messages to your Contacts. The following steps will walk you through adding a new contact from a text message:

1. Open the message you want to add to your contacts.
2. Tap on the "i" in the circle at the top right.
3. Tap on the number of the contact.
4. This will give you a number of options, on of which would be "Create New Contact". Tap that option.
5. In the New Contact window, add the contact information.

Best regards.

Mar 14, 2018 2:16 PM in response to Washoe Jim

Washoe Jim,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it is causing some confusion. Your first post seems to indicate that you want to save a text message contact to your contact book on your iPhone 8 plus. But in your reply, you talk about saving a contact between an iPhone 8 plus and an iPhone 7 plus.

Could we back up a bit and have you explain exactly what it is you are trying to do. Where are you trying to save the contact to/from?

Cheers.

saving text message to contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.