Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage when I copy part of a message, where does it go?

in iMessage when I copy part of a message, where does it go?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:11 PM

The clipboard is not a place you can see technicallu. It's just a location in temporary memory where the last thing that was copied is held.

You can view the last thing that was copied, by clicking on an empty space on your desktop to bring up the Finder Menu at the top, and then on Edit->Show Clipboard.

This will show you whatever was copied last. There's nothing you can do with the item there however.

You can choose to paste it somewhere else.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 1:11 PM in response to SEB575

The clipboard is not a place you can see technicallu. It's just a location in temporary memory where the last thing that was copied is held.

You can view the last thing that was copied, by clicking on an empty space on your desktop to bring up the Finder Menu at the top, and then on Edit->Show Clipboard.

This will show you whatever was copied last. There's nothing you can do with the item there however.

You can choose to paste it somewhere else.

Mar 13, 2018 10:18 AM in response to SEB575

SEB575 wrote:

...I have never used 'the clipboard' in 20 years of using a MAC, ....

If you have ever cut, copied and pasted anything in any application

you have used the clipboard.

You can't find it because it is temporary storage for whatever happens

to be cut or copied. If you cut or copy something else, then whatever

is in the clipboard gets replaced by the new item.

iMessage when I copy part of a message, where does it go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.