Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My user is missing from the user finder folder in 10.13.3 (17D102).

My user is missing from the user finder folder in 10.13.3 (17D102). I can still access these from login, but cannot see my user name (Globus Medical) in the USER finder folder. I have revisited my view settings, and everything seems in order.

User uploaded file
As I use adobe products I am unable to choose the user folder to access the desktop, though I can access the files there if I use previously saved links in those programs.

Where is my user hiding, and why?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 10:50 AM

5 replies

Mar 13, 2018 10:55 AM in response to GlobusMedicalCS

Choose Home from the Finder’s Go menu and Command-click the folder’s name in the title bar, or open the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences, unlock it, control-click your account, and see what the path is.

Once you’ve found it, choose Utilities from the Go menu, open the Script Editor, paste the four lines below exactly as written into it, and run the script:

tell application "Finder" to quit

do shell script "chflags nohidden " & quoted form of POSIX path of (choose folder with invisibles)

delay 2

tell application "Finder" to run

(158641)

My user is missing from the user finder folder in 10.13.3 (17D102).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.