Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the speaker to surrounding noise while on a call?

I work from home with my baby strapped to my chest where she is usually asleep. When I take a call the phone speaker seems to pick up even her soft breathing sounds. I'm looking for a solution to reduce the sensitivity of my phone speaker to the surrounding noises. The "Phone Noise Cancellation" feature is already enabled on my iphone 7. Is there a 3rd party app that exists that could help with this?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

While noise cancellation may help, anything near the iPhone microphone is going to be picked up. Noise cancellation is not designed to reduce noise near the actual microphone - it filters out more distant noise around you. Actually, noise cancellation is designed to enhance the sensitivity of the actual iPhone bottom grill microphone, not reduce it.

I doubt even a headset would help, not if the baby is in front of you and near your own mouth and close to the microphone.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 13, 2018 11:22 AM in response to Erinpainter In response to Erinpainter

While noise cancellation may help, anything near the iPhone microphone is going to be picked up. Noise cancellation is not designed to reduce noise near the actual microphone - it filters out more distant noise around you. Actually, noise cancellation is designed to enhance the sensitivity of the actual iPhone bottom grill microphone, not reduce it.

I doubt even a headset would help, not if the baby is in front of you and near your own mouth and close to the microphone.

Mar 13, 2018 11:22 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 11:57 AM in response to AviZS In response to AviZS

AviZS wrote:

No problem! Just go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Phone Noise Cancellation, and make sure it’s turned ON.

Perhaps you should read posts before responding to them. The part where the original poster said; The "Phone Noise Cancellation" feature is already enabled on my iphone 7 might have saved you some embarrassment.

Mar 14, 2018 11:57 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Erinpainter

Question: Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the speaker to surrounding noise while on a call?