Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover message deleted by mistake!

I received a message from a Craig’s List customer and deleted it by mistak. Can I recover this and if so, how. If possible could ATT store or Apple store help me?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 10:50 AM

5 replies

Mar 13, 2018 10:58 AM in response to davidfromlake forest

If you deleted the message shortly after you received it (before you made a backup), the message is probably lost for good. If the message was included as part of your backup, then restore that backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Be aware that restore is an all or nothing process. You cannot restore only messages (for example) and any information on your device between now and when the backup was made will be lost.

Mar 13, 2018 1:36 PM in response to davidfromlake forest

davidfromlake forest wrote:

I received a message from a Craig’s List customer and deleted it by mistak. Can I recover this and if so, how. If possible could ATT store or Apple store help me?

You would need to restore from your icloud or itunes backup, assuming that text message was part of the backup, if not there is no way to recover it.

How to recover message deleted by mistake!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.