Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with my imessages not working sent messages as text messages

This is happening on my iPhone 7 Plus the iMessage not working it send messages as text messages

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 11:18 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:29 AM in response to jrodriguez85

Hi jrodriguez85,

I understand that when you try to send an iMessage to a friend, it sends as a text message instead. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

While it looks like your iPhone is trying to send an iMessage, let's first double check that it's set up properly. To do so, check that you have iMessage enabled:

Set up iMessage and SMS/MMS - iPhone User Guide

Sign in to iMessage. Go to Settings > Messages, then turn on iMessage.

Also make sure that you are trying to send an iMessage to someone that is using iMessage. This would require that they're using an iOS device, or a Mac. You can learn more about the differences in iMessage and SMS/MMS messages in the article below:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

If you meet all of these requirements, then this may simply be a network issue. Try to send the message when connected to Wi-Fi. If you're already using Wi-Fi, test it on a different network, or when connected with a good cellular connection.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

problems with my imessages not working sent messages as text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.