Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not given option to share one playlist

All of the previous playlists I've created have given the "Share Playlist..." option when I hit the "more" button. However, I just created a new list, and "Share Playlist..." doesn't appear as an option for this one. How do I get the option to appear in this case?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:45 AM

Hi vickisw,

It sounds like you're having an issue sharing a newly created playlist on your iPhone, and I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

When you created this playlist, did you do so directly on your iPhone, or did you create it in iTunes first and sync it to your iPhone?

If you made this playlist on iTunes, check that it's not a Smart Playlist. A Smart Playlist has the Smart Playlist icon User uploaded file next to it, and would have that same gear icon as the playlist photo on your iPhone. You can learn more about Smart Playlists in the article below:

iTunes for Mac: Create a Smart Playlist

Smart Playlists cannot be shared. Once you've created one that is not a Smart Playlist, share it using the steps below:

Create and share playlists - Apple Support

Share a playlist

You can make your playlists public and send them to friends.

Make a playlist public

When you create a playlist, make sure to turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" to make your playlist public. When you make a playlist public, people can find it using Search.

Send a playlist to a friend

You can send your playlists to friends through Messages, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, using AirDrop, and more. To share a playlist, find the playlist that you want to share, then follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap User uploaded file, then Share Playlist User uploaded file.
  • On your Mac or PC: Click User uploaded file, then Share Playlist.
  • On your Android phone, tap the Share icon User uploaded file to see your sharing options.

When you choose how you want to share your playlist, a new window opens in the app that you chose and a link to your playlist appears. In some apps, you can add a message before sending your playlist.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:45 AM in response to vickisw

Hi vickisw,

It sounds like you're having an issue sharing a newly created playlist on your iPhone, and I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

When you created this playlist, did you do so directly on your iPhone, or did you create it in iTunes first and sync it to your iPhone?

If you made this playlist on iTunes, check that it's not a Smart Playlist. A Smart Playlist has the Smart Playlist icon User uploaded file next to it, and would have that same gear icon as the playlist photo on your iPhone. You can learn more about Smart Playlists in the article below:

iTunes for Mac: Create a Smart Playlist

Smart Playlists cannot be shared. Once you've created one that is not a Smart Playlist, share it using the steps below:

Create and share playlists - Apple Support

Share a playlist

You can make your playlists public and send them to friends.

Make a playlist public

When you create a playlist, make sure to turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" to make your playlist public. When you make a playlist public, people can find it using Search.

Send a playlist to a friend

You can send your playlists to friends through Messages, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, using AirDrop, and more. To share a playlist, find the playlist that you want to share, then follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap User uploaded file, then Share Playlist User uploaded file.
  • On your Mac or PC: Click User uploaded file, then Share Playlist.
  • On your Android phone, tap the Share icon User uploaded file to see your sharing options.

When you choose how you want to share your playlist, a new window opens in the app that you chose and a link to your playlist appears. In some apps, you can add a message before sending your playlist.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Not given option to share one playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.