Question: Export and render problems using custom motion template
We had custom motion templates built for on-screen titles, and of the dozen templates, there is one that makes rendering and exporting incredibly slow (i.e. 20+ minutes for a 30-second clip). We have installed these for a bunch of different users — and most are having no render/export issues. Only a handful of us are having trouble. There is no consistency in FCPX version (some are on 10.3 and some 10.4) or Mac OS (Sierra and High Sierra). I personally am on FCPX 10.4 and High Sierra 10.13.3.
These templates are made with a custom font we use, but all the templates use the same font. And again, only one is causing problems.
I've tried these troubleshooting steps, and they haven't helped.
- Reset FCPX preferences
- Delete all render files
- Create new library/event/project and test the template
- Try exporting with different export settings
- Test a version of the same custom template using a different font
- Validate fonts in Font Book
- Restart computer (and test with no other applications open)
Any other ideas or suggestions on what I can try? I'm desperate here. Thanks in advance!
Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)