Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Export and render problems using custom motion template

We had custom motion templates built for on-screen titles, and of the dozen templates, there is one that makes rendering and exporting incredibly slow (i.e. 20+ minutes for a 30-second clip). We have installed these for a bunch of different users — and most are having no render/export issues. Only a handful of us are having trouble. There is no consistency in FCPX version (some are on 10.3 and some 10.4) or Mac OS (Sierra and High Sierra). I personally am on FCPX 10.4 and High Sierra 10.13.3.

These templates are made with a custom font we use, but all the templates use the same font. And again, only one is causing problems.

I've tried these troubleshooting steps, and they haven't helped.

• Reset FCPX preferences
  • Delete all render files
  • Create new library/event/project and test the template
  • Try exporting with different export settings
  • Test a version of the same custom template using a different font
  • Validate fonts in Font Book
  • Restart computer (and test with no other applications open)

Any other ideas or suggestions on what I can try? I'm desperate here. Thanks in advance!

Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 4:40 AM in response to rachelkdub In response to rachelkdub

It may be something in the template itself, but without any specific notion of what the template is we can only speculate.

If you can, give some more details about this template.

I also think you should post this on the Motion forum as well as the FCP X forum.

This looks more like a Motion issue to me.

Mar 14, 2018 4:40 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rachelkdub

Question: Export and render problems using custom motion template