Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari

Today I have had problems with Safari working with the websites of United Airlines, Tippet Rise Art and Sculpture and PNC Bank. All three websites failed to allow me to register and I was force to switch to Firefox where everything worked.

In the case of United Airlines, they sent me (and my wife at a different email address) messages that were never received. In the Tippet Rise situation I could not register using Safari but did so on Firefox. In the PNC episode, my monthly statement was greyed out and a white bar appeared across the screen. No such thing happened on Firefox.

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:34 PM

1. Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and website data:

Deselect “Block all cookies”

2. Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Website tracking:

Deselect “Prevent cross-site tracking” temporarily.

Note: This is an important privacy feature. Once the task at hand is finished. select it again.

User uploaded file

3. Safari > Preferences > Security > Web content:

Deselect “Block pop-ups”

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 1:34 PM in response to mallwalk

1. Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and website data:

Deselect “Block all cookies”

2. Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Website tracking:

Deselect “Prevent cross-site tracking” temporarily.

Note: This is an important privacy feature. Once the task at hand is finished. select it again.

User uploaded file

3. Safari > Preferences > Security > Web content:

Deselect “Block pop-ups”

Mar 13, 2018 1:48 PM in response to mallwalk

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.