Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get duplicate windows

Why does this keep happening? I go away from the computer for a while and come back to find the screen as shown in the attached pUser uploaded fileUser uploaded filehotos. User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:40 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2018 9:29 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

yes but it could be a bad video cable (see if any pins on ends are bent) or bad electronics in the LED monitor

don't assume it can only be the video card in the apple, because the LED has electronics in it that can be bad too. (video cards do have a splitting feature HOWEVER, that feature splits cleanly - you'd have a terribly damaged card to be displaying the wrong mode and have corrupted display too - as if overclocked - but you didn't overclock it)

try a different monitor

does your LG have PIP feature? (picture in picture?) if so, then that's another indication the monitor (or cabling) could be the issue. does your monitor have input signal choices? are the choices default?

is your apple clean? unplug it, blow dust out if any (open lid, if you see significant dust, clean) (be very careful not to "spin fan fast" and don't touch fan or anything metal) (or have apple store clean it if dirty). check the video connector on the outside of box. does it look like the pins are all clean and straight?

I get duplicate windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.