Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I get false mails?

I got today and couple weeks ago false alerts from “Appel ID”. The mails look very similar like the ones I get from Apple but at the end it’s always something weird.

In my last mail it says my Apple ID was used in a different country (UK) and there are other informations too, like the IP address, what phone it was used (Iphone 7), browser etc.

At the end it says:” Your ID will remain Locked Till until you resolve this issue.

Login Apple”.

When I clicked on “Login Apple”, a page opened with this message: “The QR Code has been archived. In order to restore it, go to the archive tab and click on restore”.

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:59 PM

They're not viruses or any other type of malware. They're just scams the crooks hope you'll fall for.

Neither Apple, nor anyone else can "fix" the vastness of the Internet. If you have an email address, spam is a fact of life. It's up to the user to figure out what's real what isn't. If you're not sure, ask a more experienced friend, or here, as you did for this email.

Thousands upon thousands of these things go out daily. You happen to be on a spam list (which crooks buy and sell to each other). Do not respond. Never, ever click the unsubscribe button on unknown emails. That only proves your email address is live and you'll be put on even more spam lists and get more junk.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 1:59 PM in response to meli_anca

They're not viruses or any other type of malware. They're just scams the crooks hope you'll fall for.

Neither Apple, nor anyone else can "fix" the vastness of the Internet. If you have an email address, spam is a fact of life. It's up to the user to figure out what's real what isn't. If you're not sure, ask a more experienced friend, or here, as you did for this email.

Thousands upon thousands of these things go out daily. You happen to be on a spam list (which crooks buy and sell to each other). Do not respond. Never, ever click the unsubscribe button on unknown emails. That only proves your email address is live and you'll be put on even more spam lists and get more junk.

Why do I get false mails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.