Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: DVD Studio Pro chapter import problem

DVD SP 4.2.2 is not recognizing chapter markers from FCPX 10.4 when sharing Master File. Files with chapters open correctly in QT, but not DVD SP 4 or Toast Titanium 9.0.2.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (10.13.13) to edit the videos and burning on a Mac Pro (10.7.3)

I have to use Lion because any OSX after that doesn't like DVD SP (crashes constantly)

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

DVDSP has not been updated in many years now. It is pretty much a dead medium as the world moves over to Blu-Ray and more probably online delivery. Disc based delivery is now so out of date, it seems.

I am not surprised to hear FCPX does not play nicely with DVDSP, which I also have to use on an older mac. The underlying changes to the OS in recent updates will mean it will get harder and harder to support using DVDSP.

As for chapter markers, you're going to have to add them manually, I think, or consider using a web based delivery medium (which of course QT will form a part).

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Jun 19, 2018 11:22 AM in response to HopeChapel-TV In response to HopeChapel-TV

DVDSP has not been updated in many years now. It is pretty much a dead medium as the world moves over to Blu-Ray and more probably online delivery. Disc based delivery is now so out of date, it seems.

I am not surprised to hear FCPX does not play nicely with DVDSP, which I also have to use on an older mac. The underlying changes to the OS in recent updates will mean it will get harder and harder to support using DVDSP.

As for chapter markers, you're going to have to add them manually, I think, or consider using a web based delivery medium (which of course QT will form a part).

Jun 19, 2018 11:22 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: HopeChapel-TV

Question: DVD Studio Pro chapter import problem