Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random input

Hi,

I bought a new MacBook Pro in December. I was producing a musical so I was mainly using the computer for video, sound and graphic editing. When I use it for text input, often strange things happen, the cursor jumps around, suddenly moving from where I was typing to typing in the middle of another word higher in the page (it's happened a couple times as I've typed this), suddenly all of my text disappears or windows occasionally randomly close, etc.

I had attributed this to the larger trackpad from my previous computer a MacBook Air. I thought with time, I could figure out what I was doing wrong and the problem could be avoided.

Now that the musical is over, I'm working more with text and I have the time to try to deal with this issue.

I now feel the problem is not with me but something faulty either specifically with my computer or with the design of this MacBook Pro.

What can I do?

John

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 16 GB RAM, FCP 10.4

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:20 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Random input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.