Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple store reset iPhone to factory but immediately my cell # does not show up on friend's caller id

Apple Store Genius Bar reset my iPhone back to factory Saturday night. Ever since then whenever I use it to call anyone, it shows only as Wireless Caller and does not display my name and cell phone number. What can I do?

Windows 10

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 13, 2018 1:23 PM in response to ClarkPam In response to ClarkPam

ClarkPam wrote:

Apple Store Genius Bar reset my iPhone back to factory Saturday night. Ever since then whenever I use it to call anyone, it shows only as Wireless Caller and does not display my name and cell phone number. What can I do?

settings - phone - show caller id.

Mar 13, 2018 1:23 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 1:31 PM in response to ClarkPam In response to ClarkPam

ClarkPam wrote:

On my iPhone5c under phone it shows: Announce Calls, Call Blocking & Identification, Calls on Other Devices, Respond with Text. I don't see Show Caller ID.

then you need to contact your phone carrier, that is their feature.

Mar 13, 2018 1:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:25 PM in response to razmee209 In response to razmee209

I will do that. Walking into Apple I placed a call from my cell to landline at home. Landline at home showed my name and cell phone number, as usual. When I left Apple after the reset, I called home and it showed Wireless Caller. I'm not sure this is a coincidence but rather a result of the wipe.

Mar 13, 2018 2:25 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ClarkPam

Question: Apple store reset iPhone to factory but immediately my cell # does not show up on friend's caller id