Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password manager

1. (A very easy to install) Password Manager recommended..

2. How to update my passwords on my iMac?

iPhone X on 11.2.6

iPad 2 ...ditto

iMac mid 2011 on 10.13.3

All my devices are linked via iCloud (or at least I think that’s all set. I use about a 6 passwords (all long, with large and small caps, numbers and special characters. I use my iPad and iPhone almost exclusively and have no problems with passwords and I enter user id and passwords manuall, no auto fill. I only use my iMac a couple of times a year, so I know my passwords are outdated or at least I think they are.....I never really understood Keychain access.....Today I downloaded Dashline on my iPad, the instructions were easy until I was instructed to go to my iMac and enter a code, from that point on I was lost in gobbledygook (like my old Windows days )

So......is there a Password Manager that you folks would recommend that is simple and easy to install or do I have to call Apple Support for some serious tech baby sitting?

Appreciate any help I can get! Thanks, Bill

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 3:40 PM

Try Secrets which is a cloud-based password manager with Safari integration. I found it easy to use and setup. You download it from the App Store so installation on the computer is automatic. Using it, however, is something you must do yourself. It also can generate random passwords, although so does Safari. There is an iOS version if I remember correctly. It is also free.

Updating passwords is a matter of visiting the sites where you have registered a password for your account, find where you edit such information and change your password. Same on your iDevice. On the computer use Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 3:40 PM in response to Bostonfan49

Try Secrets which is a cloud-based password manager with Safari integration. I found it easy to use and setup. You download it from the App Store so installation on the computer is automatic. Using it, however, is something you must do yourself. It also can generate random passwords, although so does Safari. There is an iOS version if I remember correctly. It is also free.

Updating passwords is a matter of visiting the sites where you have registered a password for your account, find where you edit such information and change your password. Same on your iDevice. On the computer use Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support.

Mar 13, 2018 4:26 PM in response to Bostonfan49

I'm a long time 1Password.com user.

I have it on all my Macs and my iPhone. They all share a common encrypted password file that is shared via the network.

1Password has versions for Android and Windows as well.

Besides passwords, I also store the answers to the web site questions, I sure the web site URL, I storage any additional information about each account that I find useful.

I also store things like credit cards, sensitive medical information in a secure note, home security system key codes, drives license image, employee number, SSN number, etc...

I store anything that I want to always with me and I do not want anyone else to have access to.

1Password has web browser extensions that allow you to hit Command-\ to auto fill login information for a web site. It also puts a control on the URL bar so you can access 1Password information even when you are not tying to login to an account, such as pulling out credit card information when buying something on-line.

<http://LastPass.com> also has a strong reputation and is cross platform as well.

Mar 14, 2018 8:09 AM in response to BobHarris

One more thing I would like to add about 1Password, which I like a lot.

You can enable iPhone/iPad finger print access so you can have a long vault password, but only need to use it every once in a while.

And if you have a newer MacBook Pro with the finger printer reading, you can enable it to work with that finger printer reader as well. I find I am using my MacBook Pro finger printer reader to authorize 1Password all the time, and I love it!

password manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.