Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upload Existing Photo Albums to ICloud Photos

How do I upload existing photo albums and their respective photos to ICloud Photos? The albums and their photos are already on my Mac.

iMac, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 2:20 PM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2018 8:10 AM in response to LavelBrady

Hey there, LavelBrady.

I see that you're wanting to use iCloud Photo Library in order to sync your photos between devices. I'm happy to help.

Organize and find your photos -- Since you came from the correct article, on your iMac through the Photos app, select Photos > Preferences > iCloud and turn on iCloud Photo Library. Be sure to follow the steps under "First things first" before turning it on.

User uploaded file The Photos app is organized into Photos, Memories, Shared, and Albums. On your Mac, you also have Projects. When you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your collection is arranged the same way across your devices and navigating your library always feels familiar. And thanks to the advanced search features in Photos, you can find pictures based on a person, place, or object.

First things first

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Upload Existing Photo Albums to ICloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.