Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Samsung 950 Pro compatible with MacBook Pro 15’ mid 2014?

Can Someone help me please cause some people said it’s compatible because m.2 but I’m not sure please or some ssd high speed compatible

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 2:02 PM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 3:22 PM in response to fuentesdiego

fuentesdiego wrote:

Can Someone help me please cause some people said it’s compatible because m.2 but I’m not sure please or some ssd high speed compatible

Some people claim that adapters work, but Apple really has proprietary SSD pinouts and some proprietary way of doing it. The only aftermarket replacements that are guaranteed to work are sold by OWC and Transcend since they've cracked the pinout/format. Here's an article on all this stuff:

http://www.ssd-for-mac.com/blog/files/compatible-m2-ssd-macbook.php

All things considered, this market is just too deep and complex and filled with too many variables for me to cover well. True hardware upgrade nerds groove on figuring all these specifics out and performing the upgrade themselves. But the average Mac user just wants a simple, affordable solution. For them I simply recommend whatever off the shelf, direct plug in Apple spec modules they can order from Transcend or OWC and leave the adapter / retrofit M.2 SSD Apple solutions to the kind of guys that prefer cheaper DIY complexity over retail solutions.

Is Samsung 950 Pro compatible with MacBook Pro 15’ mid 2014?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.