Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Numpad that sends proper numpad keycodes

Does anyone know of an external numpad the sends the proper numpad keycodes?

I just bought a Macally USB Numeric Keypad but the numbers send keycodes for the numbers above the qwerty row. Some of the software I use (Pro tools, Spectacle) and some OSX keyboard shortcuts I set up require the numpad input.

Does anyone know an external numpad (i'm using an 80% keyboard) which does this OR know how to get this Macally numpad to send or OSX to receive the proper numpad keycodes

iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 3:30 PM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2018 12:18 PM in response to Schooper

This may be too obvious, and thus not helpful, but I'm assuming this is blue tooth device. When you connect it, are you given options to set up different ways. In Apple | System | Preferences | Keyboard, is the device listed there and you have options to change.

I recently attached a Logitech keyboard just to test and I was given options to identify keys so it would map properly.

Mar 20, 2018 4:49 PM in response to ZaZo

ZaZo,

Thank for the response. It's actually a USB numpad and when plugged in, OSX did try to identify it but only by asking what keys are next to the shift keys.

I found a program called Karabiner which can remap any keycode input to any other keycode input.

So now, the keyboard view does show numpad input but the software I'm using won't recognize the remapped numpad and modifiers at the same time. . .

Might just need to use two keyboards our build my own at this point 🙂

External Numpad that sends proper numpad keycodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.