Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple shoul returne our money we spent to buy logic pro IX because it does not work with macOS high Sierra, Should in't?

Shouldn't Apple pay us back for the amount of money we spent to buy Logic pro IX, because it doesn't work in macOS High Sierra?

Logic Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 3:12 PM

4 replies

Mar 13, 2018 3:16 PM in response to igaso

Why would they do that? I can't remember how many apps I've purchased over the years that stopped working because it either needed an upgrade for the newer OS, or the developer simply wasn't doing anything with the app anymore and it was dead.

It worked at the time you purchased it. Contract fulfilled. To continue using Logic Pro, you'll need to purchase the upgrade. Either that, or downgrade the Mac to the version of OS X / macOS you were using where Logic Pro IX works.

Mar 13, 2018 4:24 PM in response to igaso

In just about any product development there comes a time when you cannot support it any more because it just costs too much and this isn't just in computers and electronics. I have a variety of software that doesn't work on current versions of any OS, regardless of who the OS is from. I have a radio related tool that I have a computer that's about 10 years old running Windows NT because that tool won't possibly run on any thing current. I can buy a new tool but they shouldn't be expected to give me my money back for a tool I got years of use out of. You too have the choice not to upgrade your OS. I have a mid 2009 MacBook Pro that won't upgrade the OS on any more because it's already running slower than I'd like. Cool new features often require more horsepower which is why that MBP is running slow. I don't expect them to give me money money back for the computer.

I tell you this as an engineer that has made electronics products for 30 years and trust me there's no ill intent, it's just a function of the practical world of business. I hope that makes sense.

Apple shoul returne our money we spent to buy logic pro IX because it does not work with macOS high Sierra, Should in't?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.