Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get past iTunes movies and songs to show up

I recently bought a new computer but not all of my music and movies that I purchased and downloaded are showing up. I also can't find them if I put it in the search bar. How can I get these past purchases to show back up? It's not cool to spend money on something you want to find that it's not there. It will show up on my iPhone just not my laptop.

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:58 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 2:09 PM in response to awinkfromtink

Hi awinkfromtink,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Congratulations on your new computer! I know I'd want to have all of my content on a new device, so let's see what we can do to troubleshoot iTunes.

There are a few possibilities for why your content isn't appearing in iTunes. These articles are a good starting point for checking the features and settings in iTunes that might cause your content to be hidden.

If you haven't already, use the steps in this link to try downloading your purchases again:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

If you don't see your purchases, it's possible that they're hidden in iTunes. This link will help you unhide them:

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

For your music, if you're using iCloud Music Library, it's possible you need to enable this feature on your new computer:

Turn on iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

Take a look at the steps in these articles. If your movies and music still don't appear, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2018 2:09 PM in response to awinkfromtink

Hi awinkfromtink,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Congratulations on your new computer! I know I'd want to have all of my content on a new device, so let's see what we can do to troubleshoot iTunes.

There are a few possibilities for why your content isn't appearing in iTunes. These articles are a good starting point for checking the features and settings in iTunes that might cause your content to be hidden.

If you haven't already, use the steps in this link to try downloading your purchases again:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

If you don't see your purchases, it's possible that they're hidden in iTunes. This link will help you unhide them:

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

For your music, if you're using iCloud Music Library, it's possible you need to enable this feature on your new computer:

Turn on iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

Take a look at the steps in these articles. If your movies and music still don't appear, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Cheers!

How to get past iTunes movies and songs to show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.