Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad not getting messages from iPhone. iMessage button is on

Get messages on both iPhone and ipad

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 6:24 PM

Good afternoon Dmerk12,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are receiving messages on your iPhone, but not on your iPad. The resource below will provide some settings that you may need to adjust on your devices. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you receive messages on one device but not the other:

If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To see if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.

If you don't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number. You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices.

User uploaded file
Take care.
User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 6:24 PM in response to Dmerk12

Good afternoon Dmerk12,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are receiving messages on your iPhone, but not on your iPad. The resource below will provide some settings that you may need to adjust on your devices. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you receive messages on one device but not the other:

If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To see if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.

If you don't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number. You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices.

User uploaded file
Take care.
User uploaded file

Ipad not getting messages from iPhone. iMessage button is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.