Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad doesn't get text using my phone number

My iPad doesn't get text using my phone number. When I go to imessage my phone number is not there a can't be added

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 3:58 PM

Do you also have an iPhone?

If you do, read here on how to enable SMS / MMS: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you do not have an iPhone, your iPad can only send iMessage to other Apple devices, not SMS/MMS.

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 3:46 PM in response to wordfrommidland

Hi wordfrommidland,

I see that your iPad isn't getting certain texts sent to your phone number. I'd like to help. Are you referring to SMS messages rather than iMessages? If so, you'll need to use Continuity with a supported iPhone to see your SMS messages on your iPad. Take a look at the information below in the "Set up SMS and MMS messaging" section:
Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you're not seeing the phone number listed when you're signed into iMessage on your iPad, be sure to follow these steps on your iOS devices:
Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Cheers.

My iPad doesn't get text using my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.