Related Article

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My iPad doesn't get text using my phone number

My iPad doesn't get text using my phone number. When I go to imessage my phone number is not there a can't be added

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Do you also have an iPhone?

If you do, read here on how to enable SMS / MMS: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you do not have an iPhone, your iPad can only send iMessage to other Apple devices, not SMS/MMS.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 3:46 PM in response to wordfrommidland In response to wordfrommidland

Hi wordfrommidland,

I see that your iPad isn't getting certain texts sent to your phone number. I'd like to help. Are you referring to SMS messages rather than iMessages? If so, you'll need to use Continuity with a supported iPhone to see your SMS messages on your iPad. Take a look at the information below in the "Set up SMS and MMS messaging" section:
Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you're not seeing the phone number listed when you're signed into iMessage on your iPad, be sure to follow these steps on your iOS devices:
Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Cheers.

Mar 14, 2018 3:46 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 14, 2018 3:58 PM in response to wordfrommidland In response to wordfrommidland

Do you also have an iPhone?

If you do, read here on how to enable SMS / MMS: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you do not have an iPhone, your iPad can only send iMessage to other Apple devices, not SMS/MMS.

Mar 14, 2018 3:58 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: wordfrommidland

Question: My iPad doesn't get text using my phone number